Monday, August 18, 2008

Hmmm, it's been awhile...

Well, I'd like to tell you about my new nephew, Keean Alan Fox born August 16 and weighing in at 8lbs 4oz. Alas, I don't have any photos to share yet so the next post I'll make sure to include his photos.

We've had a lot of ups and down the last few months. I'm sure you don't want to hear about our search for jobs or the rain that will never end. Seriously, we've had 42 inches of rain this year! No rain will stop a good party though and we had a great time celebrating Adrian's 'special' bithday in late July. We managed to have a big family dinner and David and Sandie flew down from Auckland to suprise the birthday boy. I will never forget the look of shock on his face when he walked into the lounge and saw them. I must admit though, inviting them down was actually motivated by a certain selfishness as we always have a great time visiting with them.

Spring is around the corner and that means the crocus and daffodils are blooming and our trip to the States is just around the corner. We're looking forward to our visit, but also thinking we'll need a break from our break as basically every day of the 5 weeks is planned. Between a TEFL course, photography course, wedding, 30th birthdays, 80th birthdays, and so much more - it's going to go way too fast!

No comments: