Thursday, January 31, 2008

The end of an era

Today is my last official day as a full-time, permanent employee of Professionals real estate where I’ve been working for over 2 years. I now embark on the life of a contractor which means no steady hours (read: income) and no set agenda.

My last formal assignment was taking night photos of our building at 9:30pm last night; at least it was a beautiful evening. There have been times I’ve been out in freezing, howling wind, barely able to keep the tripod standing!

Gotta say, I’m definitely looking forward to my first day of freedom. I won’t be bored, that’s for sure. I’m planning on getting my NZ license in the morning (I know, I’ve been here 2 ½ years already and should have had it a long time ago!!), meeting Bruce for a swanky lunch somewhere, and then a massage in the afternoon. Sounds like a tough day, doesn’t it?

Cheers to a life lived well and to Bruce who’s willing to support this decision!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Beth with this new path life is taking you down.
I hope you enjoy your down time because you need.
Take care - Catherine & Otis